How to make an egg chicken January 4, 2009Posted by AnnaTheRed in how-to (all), how-to - decorations/basic stuff.
Tags: animals, bento, boiled egg, charaben, chicken, kyaraben
Today’s how-to is something very basic you can make with a boiled egg.
It’s so easy that I don’t even know if I need to do a how-to on this, but this definitely is the simplest & easiest way to turn an ordinary egg into a cute chicken in under 3 minutes!
I made this for my very first kyaraben-ish bento, and Farm bento. But I made it even simpler so that you only need three ingredients.
[How to make a chicken with a boiled egg] (used in “Farm bento” )
– hard-boiled egg
– seaweed (or black sesame seeds)
— hole punch
1. Slice a carrot and cut it into shapes like the picture.
2. Make a small incision on top of the egg and front.
3. Insert the carrot on the top for its crown and in the front for its beak.
4. Using a hole punch, cut two circles out of seaweed, and put them on the egg.
This chicken is so ready to jump into your bento!
Sorry today’s how-to is not much of how-to, but I’m in the midst of apartment hunting, so my weekend is (and will be) pretty hectic! My ideal apartment? MORE COUNTER SPACE in the kitchen!🙂
You can see more pictures of “How to make an egg chicken” on my flickr page.
And if you have any questions about any of my how-to’s, please feel free to leave a comment or email me!