how to make a radish mushroom June 21, 2009Posted by AnnaTheRed in how-to (all), how-to - decorations/basic stuff.
Tags: bento, charaben, kyaraben, mushroom, radish, super mario
I made this for Totoro parade bento, but I realized that I hadn’t done a how-to on this! This may look difficult but it’s a very adorable decoration to your kyaraben.
[How to make a radish mushroom and Mario mushroom]
– *seaweed for Mario mushroom
— small fruit knife
1. Put a knife in the middle of a radish, and make a small incision.
2-a. Hold the radish, and spin the radish VERY SLOWLY, and cut all the way around the radish.
2-b. Push the knife forward VERY LIGHTLY, and cut all around the radish. *Don’t push the knife through!
3. Make four incisions on the bottom side of mushroom like in the pictures. *Don’t cut past the half line!
4. Put the knife on the half line, and remove the radish pieces.
5. Trim the stem part, and cut off the bottom. (You can just stop here if you want)
6. Put a knife on the surface of the radish, and peel the skin. *It’s kind of like peeling an apple, but you don’t rotate the radish, and just peel the skin off.
7. You can make the stem part wider, put a small piece of seaweed and make a Mario Mushroom too.
You can just stop at Step 5 if you want. Please be extremely careful with this. I don’t want anyone getting hurt!
If you accidentally snap off the stem, don’t worry! You can stick the stem on with a toothpick.
If you have any questions about any of my how-to’s, please feel free to leave a comment or email me!